Tickets for the Sixth Annual Electric Zoo Festival to take place on Randall’s Island over Labor Day weekend from August 29th through August 31st will go on sale next Tuesday, April 29, festival organizers announced today.
“We are incredibly excited to bring Electric Zoo back to New York,” said Mike Bindra and Laura De Palma, Co-CEOs of Made Event and creators of Electric Zoo. “Over the past five years, Electric Zoo has grown tremendously, becoming a critically acclaimed, internationally recognized music festival. The opportunity to again host Electric Zoo on Randall’s Island is a responsibility we take seriously, and we look forward to expanding our safety and security measures in order to further improve the concert experience for our fans.”
Electric Zoo Festival has added numerous security, medical and messaging protocols aimed at providing fans the safest possible experience.
Security: Electric Zoo Festival has contracted with a leading security company and in consultation with that firm has decided to add the following features to its 2014 shows:
– Increased use of plainclothes undercover security officers; off-duty and former NYPD with a background in narcotics investigations.
– The addition of drug-sniffing canines to be placed at all entrances to the festival.
– The institution of background checks of all on-site vendors and employees.
– An increased security posture at the transportation staging areas; initial screenings will be done here.
– An increased use of clear and concise signage listing prohibited conduct and potential penalties.
– An increased and highly visible security presence at the various venues inside the festival.
– An even greater use of social media as it relates to event security.
– A security survey to be sent to each ticket purchaser.
Medical: With SFX’s purchase of Made Event in late, 2013, Electric Zoo was given access to leading medical experts, and established the following new protocols for this year’s show:
– Electric Zoo will provide electrolytes at little or no cost to concertgoers.
– Organizers will shorten the length of each day’s show.
– Consistent with past years, festivalgoers will have access to unlimited free water.
Messaging: Electric Zoo will develop a youth-oriented, holistic media campaign that will include:
– A robust PSA campaign developed by a youth-culture oriented marketing firm and featuring leading artists.
– A proactive social media campaign to put out a clear message on prohibited conduct and the inherent dangers of drugs, including but not limited to, Molly.
– A PSA that fans will be required to watch before they can validate their ticket.
All of these tactics were recommended by the Electronic Dance Music Advisory Board, a collection of artists, promoters, doctors, security experts, music reporters and drug-treatment organizations that Electric Zoo convened following last year’s tragedies.
In the coming weeks and months, Electric Zoo will announce its lineup and release a comprehensive guide to the festival to help assist attendees.