Trouse is something that most (including myself) are still very unfamiliar with.Â Robert Palliser on the other hand, is a trouse master and can best describe what it truly entails. Check out how he defines the genre and his latest mix, In The Trouse!
“Trouse is a new genre that has spawned from combining elements of big-room house music with trance overtones. Producers and DJ’s like Tiesto, Sander van Doorn, Hardwell and Marcus Schossow have been able to cultivate the Trouse sound by seamlessly blending characteristics of both genres. Trouse is a product of the overwhelming mainstream appeal of house music coupled with many still wanting to remain loyal to trance, a genre that defined early EDM culture.
I attempt to sift through the best Trouse over the last month and showcase some of the artists that have recently shaped my sound. The mix begins with the techier side of Fedde Le Grand with his ‘Paradise’ remix, to Hardwell’s anthem ‘Cobra’, and eventually ends with Jacob van Hage’s progressive monster ‘Convoi’. Each month, my ‘In The Trouse’ mixes will include the tracks that are defining this relatively new genre, along with some deeper productions that are influencing my productions at the moment.”
Don’t forget to get your free download and check out the track list after the jump!
1. Coldplay – Paradise (Fedde Le Grand Remix)
2. Mumford & Sons – Little Lion Man (Sander Van Doorn Remix)
3. Sander van Doorn – Slap My Pitch Up (Original Mix)
4. Jorgensen, Jesse Voorn – Loser (Original Mix)
5. Hardwell – Cobra (Official Energy Anthem 2012)
6. Randy Katana – Second Phase (Original Mix)
7. Arty – Around The World (Topher Jones Remix)
8. Marcel Woods – 3Stortion 2011 (Marcel Woods Treatment)
9. MEM – Twisted (Original Mix)
10. Ken Plus Ichiro – Progression (David Johnson Mix)
10. Mr. Pit vs. Fatboy Slim – Avion Skank (Markus Schulz Mashup/Robert Palliser Edit)
12. Jacob van Hage – Convoi (Original Mix)