With Electric Zoo 2014 is just 1 day away and NYC is gearing up for the biggest electronic music dance party of the summer on August 29, August 30, and August 31 in Randall’s Island Park. Electric Zoo is thrilled to announce delicious and varied food options, exclusive live broadcasts on SiriusXM, exciting interactive environments, and this year’s sponsors & partners.
The Most Important Thing About Electric Zoo, the food.
Electric Zoo Feeding Time
Food is essential to tame your inner beast. Take a break and check out these delicious food vendors and treats. Here’s just a sampling of what you’ll find – check the mobile app for the complete list!
- Bareburger: Organic, all-natural, free range burgers and vegan black burgers
- Big D’s Grub: Dumplings, spring rolls, pork buns, and egg tarts
- Brooklyn Cured, LLC: Gourmet New York Style hot dogs, sausage, chorizo, bratwurst, and kielbasa
- Chickpea: Shawarma, falafel, kebabs
- Everything About Crêpes: Crêpes with sweet or savory fillings
- Frankie’s Gourmet Pizza: Pizza by the slice – cheese, pepperoni, spicy pepperoni, fresh tomato & basil, meat lover’s, and bbq chicken
- Frankie’s Pomme Frites: Pomme Frites with cheese, chili cheese, or fresh garlic
- Handsome Hanks: Southern fried chicken sandwiches
- Hibachi Heaven (VIP Only): Beef, chicken, shrimp, or tofu, wraps and bowls served with fried rice or vegetables
- Mayhem & Stout: Braised buffalo chicken or pulled pork sandwiches
- Melt: Ice cream sandwiches in assorted flavors
- Mexico Blvd: Burritos with various incredible combinations
- Roberta’s: Hand-tossed gourmet pizza
- Strawberry Fields: Fresh blended power smoothies
- Sunday Gravy: Chicken parm, Sunday gravy parm, macaroni, eggplant parm, meatball parm
- Thai BBQ: Stir fried noodles, rice bowl and pad thai
- Vegetarian Blvd: Veggies wraps with various incredible combinations.
T-Mobile Music Freedom Experience
T-Mobile #MUSICFREEDOM Experience at Electric Zoo 2014 is a collaborative production by Nick Kinney of NKdsgn and Benji Kayne of kayneLIVE. The experiences feature the collaborative work of NKdsgn, VJ Culture Lumens, and Asteriskos Design and Fabrication. Together they have created two immersive and interactive environments for Electric Zoo festival goers to enjoy:
- T-Mobile #MUSICFREEDOM DECK: T-Mobile is setting music free for our customers and at Electric Zoo, T-Mobile customers and festival VIPs can un-leash the best at our exclusive#MUSICFREEDOM deck with premium views of Main Stage West. Grab a snack or drink, snap a few photos with friends in the interactive Photo Booth,share your pictures on the Social Mosaic digital screen, and take a turn playing VJ with Ka-LED-oscope that puts you in charge of the deck’s light show.The first 100 T-Mobile customers (must be 21+) each day will get a free upgrade extending their VIP experience across the festival for the day!
- T-Mobile #MUSICFREEDOM NETWORK PORTAL: Zoos are hot. True story. Take a stroll through the T-Mobile cooling tunnel while on your way between Main Stage East and the Hilltop Tent and immerse yourself in a cooling magenta light and refresh from a day of dancing in the sun.
The Character Archive
Stop by The Character Archive studio as they capture the self-expression of the diverse crowd of Electric Zoo animals and culture that brings the festival to life! Photographer Michael Dos Santos captures the extraordinary individuals that make up a crowd, giving each individual a space to shine. Inspired by their energy, stories and style, the end result is an archive of the people we meet in the places we love. Crazy, bright and fun outfits and costumes are welcome and encouraged!